Once you have built a Quiz, you’ll need to establish how your Quiz is scored, and how you want to communicate the results.
To open the Quiz Settings, do one of the following:
- From your Dashboard, Navigate to Forms, then select the Form that you wish to edit by hovering over the Title, then hovering over the Settng link and then clicking the Quiz link
- From your Dashboard, Navigate to Forms, then select the Form that you wish to edit by hovering over the Title, then clicking the Title or the Edit link. Hover over the Settings link, then click the Quiz link
- From the Admin Top Bar, hover over the Forms option, hover over the Title of the Form you wish to view, then select the Settings link from the flyout menu. From the Settings options in the menu, click the Quiz link.
Next, configure the Quiz Settings as follows:
Shuffle Fields – Display the quiz fields in a random order. This doesn’t affect the position of the other fields on the form.
Instant Feedback – Display the correct answers plus explanations immediately after selecting an answer. Once an answer has been selected it can’t be changed unless the form is reloaded. This setting only applies to radio button quiz fields and it is intended for training applications and trivial quizzes. It should not be considered a secure option for testing.
- No Grading – Grading will not be used for this form.
- Enable Pass/Fail Grading – Select this option to enable the pass/fail grading system for this form.
- Enable Letter Grading – Select this option to enable the letter grading system for this form.
Letter Grades – Define the minimum percentage required for each grade.
Display Confirmation – Activate this setting to configure a Quiz Confirmation message (below) to be displayed after submitting the quiz. The message will appear below the confirmation configured on the Confirmations tab. When this setting is activated any page redirects configured on the Confirmations tab will be ignored.
Quiz Confirmation – Enter any text that you want to display. The Default values also show the Quiz Grade, the Score and the Percentage. You can add additional dynamic content by using Merge Tags. The Merge Tag selector is located to the right of the Quiz Confirmation editor. Use the Default Confirmation as a guide for inserting and displaying merged information.
Disable Auto-Formatting – When enabled, auto-formatting will insert paragraph breaks automatically. Disable auto-formatting when using HTML to create the confirmation content.
Once someone submits a Quiz, a Confirmation message will display, and if properly set up as described above, they’ll see their score and other information you’ve selected as well. Set up a Confirmation for your Quiz as you would with any other Form. The Confirmation Message displays with your Quiz Confirmation message and data.
Remember that when the Display Confirmation setting is activated, any page redirects configured on the Confirmations tab will be ignored. To redirect to a page instead, deactivate the Display Confirmation setting.
The Default Confirmation for all Forms is ” Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.” You’ll want to change this message so that it pertains to your Quiz instead.
Form Notifictions are Emails that are sent to let someone know that a Form has been submitted. Email notifications can be sent to the site Administrator’s email address, or any other email address, including any email captured within your Form. Set up Notifications for Quiz, just as you would set up Notifications with any other Form.
Since you can create multiple Notifications for a single Form, you may want to email a simple Notification to the Administrator, but email the results to the Quiz taker. You can add additional dynamic content by using Merge Tags. The Merge Tag selector is located to the right of the editor. By using Merge Tags, you can personalize the email by ising the persons name, plus display any Form data their Quiz answers, scores or grade.