Event Title and Set-up
- From your Dashboard, navigate to Sign-Up Sheets > Add New
- Enter the Title or your event, program or function.
- Select the Event Type from the drop down menu. Select your events as either: Single, Recurring, Multi-Day or Ongoing
- Check if your event is a No Sign-up Event (display only). You can still enter tasks, which could be used to show a schedule, but you can not enter quantities and there will be no signup links.
- Enter the number of days before the event date to send the first reminder. Leave blank (or 0) for no automatic reminders.
- Enter the number of days before the event date to send the second reminder. Leave blank (or 0) for no second reminder.
- Uncheck the Show Clear Links for signups, if you want to HIDE the clear link in the user’s signup list. Administrators and Sign-Up Sheet Managers can still clear volunteers from signups in the admin dashboard.
- Enter the number of days to allow clear: If the above option is checked, enter the MINIMUM number of days before the signup event/item date during which volunteers can clear their signups. Leave blank (or 0) to allow them to clear themselves at any time.
- Uncheck the box if you want to Hide this sheet from the public. Administrators and Sign-Up Sheet Managers can still see hidden sheets.
- Check the Allow Duplicate Signup Times if you want to allow a volunteer to signup for more than one task (in this sheet) with overlapping time ranges.
Event Contact Info
- Enter the Chair Name(s) in the text field. Separate multiple names with commas
- Enter the Chair Email(s) in the text field. Separate multiple emails with commas
Program/Event Details (optional)
Use the editor to enter any details about your event or program, You don’t need to add dates and times here. That information is added on the next page.
Click the Save Sheet button when finished, to move on to the next page.
Dates and Tasks
- If you selected Single as your event type, then click in the Date field to select the date of your event from the date picker.
- If you selected Recurring as your event type, then click in the Date field to select the all of the dates of your events from the date picker.
- If you selected Multi-Day as your event type, then you will select a different date for each Task, on the Task/Item page (2nd screen)
- If you selected Ongoing as your event type, then there are no date selection option
Add Tasks & Items
For all event types, click on (+) to add additional tasks, or (-) to remove a task. At least one Task/Item must be entered. If # needed is left blank, the value will be set to 1.
If you need Details for an Task/Item (such as what dish they are bringing for a lunch) check the Details Needed box, which will open an additional text field. Click on (+) to add additional Details text for any Task/Item, or (-) to remove a Details Text. Check the Details Required box if a volunteer MUST enter text in the Details text field when signing up.
Drag and drop to change sort order or Tasks & Items.
- For Single Events, Recurring Events and Ongoing Events: Enter Task/Item in the text fields, # Needed (quantity) and Start Time and End Time (optional).
- For Multi-Day Events: Enter Task/Item in the text fields, # Needed (quantity) and Start and End Times (optional). For Multi-Day Events, select your Dates for each Task/Item
If you have already created other Sign-up Sheets, then you can move Items/Task to other Signup-Sheets. This can be helpful if you are creating a similar event with the same needs as another event and would like to duplicate the Tasks/Items without having to build them from scratch each time.
To move Tasks/Items to another Sign-up Sheet, click the Move button at the bottom of the Edit Tasks screen. The Items/Tasks will be moved and your screen will refresh to the Edit Task page of the destination event. For changes to show, and for new task dates to be updated, you will need to adjust your Tasks/Items as needed and click the Save button.