Once you have built a Poll, you’ll need to establish how your Poll is analyzed, and how you want to communicate the results.
To open the Poll Settings, do one of the following:
- From your Dashboard, Navigate to Forms, then select the Form that you wish to edit by hovering over the Title, then hovering over the Settng link and then clicking the Polls link
- From your Dashboard, Navigate to Forms, then select the Form that you wish to edit by hovering over the Title, then clicking the Title or the Edit link. Hover over the Settings link, then click the Polls link
- From the Admin Top Bar, hover over the Forms option, hover over the Title of the Form you wish to view, then select the Settings link from the flyout menu. From the Settings options in the menu, click the Polls link.
Next, configure the Polls Settings as follows:
- Results – Select this option to display the results of submitted poll fields after the form is submitted.
- Results Link – Select this option to add a link to the form which allows the visitor to see the results without voting.
- Percentages – Show the percentage of the total votes for each choice.
- Counts – Show the total number of votes for each choice.
- Style – Select color: Green, Blue, Red or Orange
- Block Repeat Voters – Choose whether to allow visitors to vote more than once. Repeat voting is controlled by storing a cookie on the visitor’s computer. You can block voters for 1 hour,6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month
Click the Update Settings button when finished.
Once someone submits a Poll, a Confirmation message will display, and if properly set up as described above, they’ll see their results and other information you’ve selected as well. Set up a Confirmation for your Poll as you would with any other Form. The Confirmation Message displays with your Poll Confirmation message and data.
The Default Confirmation for all Forms is ” Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.” You’ll want to change this message so that it pertains to your Poll instead.
Form Notifications are Emails that are sent to let someone know that a Form has been submitted. Email notifications can be sent to the site Administrator’s email address, or any other email address, including any email captured within your Form. Set up Notifications for Poll, just as you would set up Notifications with any other Form.
Since you can create multiple Notifications for a single Form, you may want to email a simple Notification to the Administrator, but email the results to the Poll taker. You can add additional dynamic content by using Merge Tags. The Merge Tag selector is located to the right of the editor. By using Merge Tags, you can personalize the email by ising the persons name, plus display any Form data their Poll answers and Poll results.