WordPress Widgets add content and features to your sidebars, footer widgets areas and content modules. Examples are the default widgets that come with WordPress; for Categories, Tag Cloud, Search, etc. Some Cadenza features include widgets as well, such as The Events Calendar widgets, NextGEN Gallery widgets, Volunteer Sign-up widgets and others.
Widgets require no code experience or expertise. They can be added, removed, and rearranged on the Theme Customizer or Appearance > Widgets in the Dashboard. Widgets added here can appear in your sidebar, on pages that use them (like News or Post archive pages) or you can add widgets to Footer Columns.
Widgets can also be added using the Page Builder, incorporating many widgets into the content areas of your pages and posts.
Some WordPress Widgets offer customization and options such as forms to fill out, includes or excludes of data and information, optional images, and other customization features.
The Appearance Widgets Screen in the WordPress Codex explains how to use the various Widgets that come delivered with WordPress.
Cadenza includes some Widgets specific to certain Cadenza features. Use of these Widgets are explained in their respective sections of this Learn How site. Below is a list of some of these Widgets:
- Advanced Ads Widget – For Cadenza Premium Subscribers, this widget places your sponsor ads. Ad linking and tracking is automatically included with placement.
- Calendar, Events Calendar, Events Featured Venue, Events Countdown, Events List, This Weeks Events – These widgets display details related to your Events Calendar and can be useful for providing quick information about upcoming events without navigating to the full calendar.
- MP3-jPlayer|Shortcodes, MP3-jPlayer|Playlister – places audio clips or playlists, using MP3-jPlayer shortcodes
- NextGEN Media RSS, NextGEN Widget, NextGEN Slideshow – Use these widgets for displaying images or slideshows in widget areas
- PTA Volunteer Sign-Up Sheet List – For Cadenza Premium Subscribers, displays current sign-up requests
- To-Do List – Adds To-Do List information. Useful for communicating assignments to individuals or groups on public or private pages