Cadenza has some preset categories already defined for you. Many of your Staff members will likely fall into one of these categories:
- Administration – Directors, or officers for your organization, or administrative staff
- Instruction – Teachers or instructors, for large and small ensembles or private teachers
- Education – Classroom teachers or professors for study like mussic theory, music history or composition
- Artistic – Performers, musicians, artist in residence, guest conductors, etc.
- Support – support personnel who help your organization function smoothly
You can create as many new categories or sub-categories as needed, or you can edit these Categories to better reflect the structure of your organization.
Creating Staff Categories
To create an Staff Member Categories, do the following:
- From your Dashboard, navigate to Staff List > Categories
- All existing Categories display on the right.
- On the left, enter the Name of your new Category in the Add Staff Category field
- You can optionally enter a “slug” in the Slug field. WordPress will generate a slug based on your category name of you skip this step. Slugs are added to the URL of WordPress content.
- Select a Parent Category if needed. Staff Categories can have a Parent/Child relationship for a more detailed organizational structure. For example, you might have a parent Staff Category called “Instruction”, then child categories for “Ensemble”, “Private Lessons” and “Sectional”. Add a Parent category first, then select that Parent when adding Child categories.
- Enter an optional Description. The description appears only in your Dashboard, but can help you distinguish what your Staff Category means.
- Click the Add Staff Category button when you are finished.
- You can continue to add more Staff Categories on this screen. Just continue to add all of the information above and click the Add Staff Category button each time.
Reorder Staff Categories
By default, Staff Categories appear in reverse order, last created at the top. This applies only to Parent categories; Child categories always display immediately under their parent, although also in reverse order as created. You can rearrange the order of Parent and Child categories by clicking and dragging the titles up or down the stack. Changes to order are automatically saved.
Editing Staff Categories
You may edit your Staff Category names at any time by navigating back to the Staff List > Categories screen. Hover over the Staff Category name you want to edit and click the Edit or Quick Edit links. The Edit link allows you to edit the Name, Slug, Parent Category and Description information. The Quick Edit link allows you to edit the Name and Slug. Click the Update Staff Category button when you are finished to save your changes.
Staff Members originally published under the previous Staff Category will now appear under the new Staff Category.