Events should always be assigned to different categories to make it easier for visitors to identify certain Events and to make it easier for you to manage your Events list in your Dashboard.
Cadenza has some preset categories already defined for you. Many of your events will likely fall into one of these categories:
- Rehearsal – any kind of rehearsal for sections or full ensemble, individuals, small groups, etc.
- Performance – concerts both public and private, large and small alike
- Meeting – gatherings for general business of members, supporters, administration, staff, etc.
- Fundraiser – any activity organized to help fund your organization
- Travel – trips that may involve performances or activities, for business or just for fun
- Activity – any general activity that doesn’t fall into any of the above classifications
- Holiday – any day designated an an official or unofficial holiday, especially those that conflict with your organization’s activities
To help distinguish these different types of events, Event Categories can be color coded to make them stand apart on your calendar views. These colors may be edited to suit your needs.
You can create as many new categories or sub-categories as needed. If you create a new Event Category, make sure to assign a new color so that it will display properly on your calendar.
Editing or Assigning Event Category Colors
To Edit or Add an Event Category Color, do the following:
- From your Dashboard, navigate to Events > Settings
- Select the Category Colors tab at the top of the screen.
- Categories that have been added already should display in the list.
- If you wish to retain the default color styles, simply select new colors using the color picker when you click the Select Color buttons.
- You may completely restyle all category colors if you want. Simply click the selectors for the Border Color, Background Color and Text Color. Enter a hexadecimal color value or use the color picker to choose a new color.
- You can also alter other options like Font-Weight, whether the Category Legend displays on the Calendar, if you want to continue to use Legend Superpowers, and more.
- You can also opt to add Category Colors to your Calendar Widgets
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen.