Staff Member information is based on the Staff Page Template that you are using and the fields that you will complete for adding Staff Member information is based on your selected template.
To add a Staff Member, do the following:
- From your Dashboard, navigate to Staff List > Add New
- Enter the Name of your Staff Member in the “Enter title here” box
- Select a Staff Category from the Staff Category box. You can also Add a New Staff Category here if needed.
- Select a Staff Template from the drop down list in the Staff Template box. (The Staff List is the default template)
- In the Publish box, click the Save Draft button. This will create a draft of your new Staff Member and populate the Staff Member Data box with all of the fields from your Staff Template that you’ll complete for your new Staff Member
Staff Page Options
In the Staff Member Data box, make sure that the Staff Page tab is selected in the menu. If it is not, then select it.
- For all F1 fields, fill in the Title, First Name, Last Name and Suffix/Credentials fields
- For the F2 field, enter the Staff Member’s Position
- For the F3 field, enter the Department the Staff Member belongs to
- For the F4 field, enter the Phone number
- For F5 fields, enter the Staff Member’s Email Link Text and Email Address. For example in the first field, you could enter “Email Don Draper”, then in the second field, you would enter “firstname.lastname@example.org”. The text “Email Don Draper” will display on your Staff Page, but the link will be Don’s email address.
- When all applicable information has been entered, click the Save Draft button to save your data
Single Page Options
Select the Single Page tab in the menu
- Most relevant information is carried over from the Staff Page data that you just entered, and displays in the uneditable grey fields. Double check that all information is accurate. If you need to make changes, navigate back to the Staff Page tab and make any necessary corrections. Click the Save Draft button when you are finished, then navigate to the Single Page tab again.
- in the F6 field, enter the content of your Staff Members Profile. The format you use may vary. There is not WYSIWYG editor for the Staff Profile field, so it is recommended that you keep things relatively simple. The field does support HTML tags, so you may wrap paragraphs with <p>Paragraph</p> tags to keep them separated.
- When you have completed entering the Staff Member’s Profile, click the Save Draft button to save your data
Navigate to the Images tab in the menu
- Under Staff Page Image, click the Select Image button to select an image from your Media Library, or navigate to and upload one from your computer
- In the ALT Tag field, enter the Name of your Staff Member
- In the Image Link field, enter SP. This activates a link from the image to the Staff Profile page
- Under Single Page Image, click the Select Image button to select an image from your Media Library, or navigate to and upload one from your computer. This can be the same or different than the Staff Page Image
- In the Image URL field, enter SP if you want to use the same image for Staff Page and Single Page
- Overlay Options are not enabled by default, but may be enabled by navigating to Staff List > Staff Templates. Click the Edit link for the Staff Page Template that you want to use, then select the Images tab from the menu. Click the drop down menu for Animations and select Overlay.
- When have finished adding the Staff Member’s Images, click the Save Draft button to save your data
Navigate to the Social Icons tab in the menu
- Under Social Media Links (Icons), enter the URL of social media accounts for the staff member. Social link options include:
- When have finished, click the Save Draft button to save your data
Navigate to the Options tab in the menu
- Under Single Page SEO Options, enter an optional “Pretty Permalink”, such as the person name’s or any other text. Example: john-smith. No spaces!
- Enter an optional Page Title