Your Cadenza Theme can display up to four additional Footer Columns if desired. Footer Columns display directly above the actual site footer, at the bottom of your pages. If you don’t add any content or widgets to the columns, then nothing displays at all.
Footer columns automatically re-proportion themselves to fill a combined 100% of the page (content area) width. In other words, if you choose to use all four columns, then each column will use 25% of the page width. If you use three columns, then they will each use 33% of the page width. Two columns will span 50% of the page width each and if you choose to use only one column, then it alone will span the entire width of the page.
When viewing your site on a smaller device, all columns will shift responsively into a stack, and each will fill 100% of the width of the screen.
Adding Content Widgets to Footer Columns
You add content to Footer Columns by dragging and dropping, then configuring, Widgets into the Footer Column Widget Areas.
To manage Footer Widgets, do one of the following:
- From your Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Widgets. Then click the Widget menu in the Customizer, or
- From your Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Widgets
To add Footer Widgets, do one of the following:
- Click the down arrow to open the Footer Column in which you wish to add a Widget.
- Select a Widget from the list of Widgets.
- Click and drag the Widget into the Footer Column where you wish it to appear.
- Save your settings and exit the Customizer when you are finished.
Multiple widgets may be added to any Footer Column, but be careful not to over do it! Widgets come in different sizes, depending on what they do and can easily overwhelm a column, especially if paired with other widgets.
Displaying Footer Columns Widgets
Footer Columns can be configured to display on your entire Cadenza site, or just on the Homepage.
To determine where you want your Footer Columns to appear, do the following:
- From your Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Customize.
- Click the Footer menu in the Customizer
- Select Footer Widgets Layout.
- From the drop down menu, select either All Pages or Homepage Only.
You also have the option to select Disabled. Choose this option if you DO NOT want to display Footer Widgets at all! You may want to choose this as a temporary measure or to permanently them.
Footer Widgets Style
From the Appearance > Customize > Footer > Footer Widgets Style menu, you can change the background color and opacity of your Footer Widgets area, add a gradient effect or set a background image. You can also adjust the text and link colors to assure that you have enough contrast between your text and background color or image.