Placement types define where the ad is going to be displayed. Placements are pre-defined places in your theme and posts that you can use in order to deliver ads. You can use them to change ads and ad groups on the same place without the need to change your templates.
Manual Placement – The Manual Placement is not visible automatically in your content, but must be added using a shortcode or function. It is best used when placing ads in specific positions in your template files and allow to change the content of the placement easily later.
Header Code – Use the Header Code placement in order to place any kind of code before the closing tag of your theme. This placement is not for visible ads. Common use cases are header tags from ad networks (e.g. Google DoubleClick for Publishers) or custom styles and scripts.
Footer Code – The Footer Code placement injects the ad into the footer – before the closing tag. It would be visible, but more often, this placement is used in order to run scripts or add styles.
Before Content – Injects the ad before the content of the post or page.
After Content – Injects the ad after the content of the post or page.
Content – Injects the ad into the content of posts and other public pages. You can also select the index of the paragraph or headline after or before which the ad should be displayed. Learn more about post content injection.
Sidebar Widget – Injects the ad into widgets to display it in the sidebar or in the footer Learn more about the sidebar widget.
To add and manage Placements, from your Dashboard, navigate to Ads > Placements
If you already have placements then click on the Create a new placement button below the placement table.
- Choose a placement type – Decide which type of placement you are going to create. Refer to the list of placements above to choose the right one.
- Choose a Name – Enter a readable Name for a placement. The name of the placement is only visible to you. Tip: choose a descriptive one, e.g. Below Post Headline.
- Choose Ad or Ad Group – Select the Ad or Ad Group that should be delivered through the placement. Can be empty if you haven’t yet created the ad.
- Save New Placement – Click the Save New Placement button. The placement should now appear in the placement list.
- Choose options and select an item – Now check the placement table. In the Options column you will find options that depend on the placement type you chose.
- Save the options – If you changed options then click the Save Placements button below the table to save your placements.
For more detailed information on Placements, consult the Advanced Ads Manual